Mae Ploy Thai Red Curry Paste reviews

Mae Ploy Thai Red Curry Paste Reviews



Used to make various curry soups and stir fry dishes. Mae Ploy Brand is recognized in Thailand as a high quality export product with rich taste and authentic flavor. Packed in convenient plastic tub with tighly sealed lid. All natural.
Ingredients
dried red chile, garlic, shallot, lemongrass, salt, galanga, shrimp paste, kaffir lime peel.



Thai Kitchen Pure Coconut Milk reviews

The perfect brand of red curry
By Violet Black "Violet Black"
This review is from: Mae Ploy Thai Red Curry Paste - 14 ounce per jar (Misc.)
This brand of red curry is authentic and perfect. I applaud other domestic companies for trying to replicate this, but they cannot touch this product. Mae Ploy red curry is excellent. Once you learn to make curry, you can't stop! Even making Panang Nur, this curry is wonderful.

The One and Only
By Paul B. "Namnori"
This review is from: Mae Ploy Thai Red Curry Paste - 14 ounce per jar (Misc.)
I discovered this product while living in the Philippines with my wife. I was so glad to be able to find it back home in the United States in local Asian grocery stores (first in California, then on the East Coast and online).
I love the TASTY HEAT that this product puts into my curry dishes. It is versatile, as I have used it to make beef, chicken, and pork curry (haven't tried to make seafood yet, but soon). This is so much cheaper (per ounce) and tastier than the impotent crap that they put in small fancy glass jars that they overprice and try to pass off as a great product. These companies (can you say Thai Kitchen) that manufacture those imitations probably survive here because most people don't know that they can buy MAE PLOY which is 100 times better. Not only is Mae Ploy tastier, it is also so much cheaper to make sauce with. All you have to do is add coconut milk (less than $1 for 14 a oz can) and/or a little fish sauce(not for me) to match (actually overmatch) the mix that the imitators sell. I also love the fact that I can vary the potency of my sauce because it is not pre-mixed with coconut milk. I once purchased a unauthentic crappy product out of desperation when I first returned to the U.S. in 2007. I used the whole jar (11 1/2 oz) and payed about $5. It was so weak and flavorless. That will never happen again as I keep it well stocked. One jar of this lasts me about 4-5 large curry meals (I always make enough for leftovers as I use two or three cans of coconut cream). So if you make a smaller amount it could last you 8-10 meals. They even make a 35 oz size of Mae Ploy that you can find (google it). Just make sure that you seal up the plastic well before using again (I also refrigerate it after opening).
Bottom line though is that this is the BEST and the ONE and ONLY Curry Paste that I will ever use. I never order curry when I eat out because I know it will not be as good as the one that I make at home. Thanks to MAE PLOY RED !! Thanks for reading. Read up on this product and then try it out, you won't be dissapointed.

Thai Kitchen Coconut Ginger Soup

Thai Kitchen Coconut Ginger Soup
Coconut Milk, Water, Baby Corn, Straw Mushrooms, Galangal (Thai Ginger), Unrefined Cane Sugar, Tamarind, Lemon Grass, Chili, Salt, Citric Acid, Anchovy Extract, Parsley, Kaffir Lime.